25 or no 25

The cake has been cut, the Orkut messages are raining, phone has done its own share of ringing and I am writing a blog post. In few hours from now, I would complete my 25 years of existence.

Although 21 is the age at which you become adult in India for all practical purposes, 25 seem to be a landmark in its own right. So in Indian tradition, I am officially out of Brahmacharya part of my life and in US, I can now rent a car everywhere. Hardly sound like things to care for !

When we were young, we all dreamt of growing up. I think 25 is closest to the dream age to which every child wants to grow up. This is the point when you are supposed to have grown up and ready to take on the world. I feel like the life till now has been spend in a kind of preparation and now is the time to go ahead and do what you want. Irony is that in the last years of all the preparation you realize, you have taken the wrong road may be ! But as the Led Zeppelin said,

Yes there are two paths you can go by
but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on
!

And so 25 or no 25, It doesn't matter. How long have you walked the road, doesn't matter. How many walk beside you, doesn't matter. Where does the road go, doesn't matter. There is always the time, there is always the chance and there is always the courage, to walk the road you want. Just look into your heart.

Somebody taught me a beautiful thing in this last year. Here it goes.

"There may be thousand reasons for not doing something but there is always one reason for doing it - because you want to !"

25 or no 25, Dream on !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

बिछड़ते दोस्तों के नाम

क्या लिखूं?

Do nightmares qualify for dreams?